|Microsoft’s internet browser, Internet Explorer, often begins to run slower and slower, or doesn’t work at all. This can be due to toolbars, or other add-ins. Version 7 and 8 of Internet Explorer have a very easy method for removing these troublesome additions to IE. Even if there are no toolbars visible, there are often hidden programs that run along with Internet Explorer that slow it down significantly. The reset procedure is safe, and recommended to help keep IE running smoothly.|
Here are the steps:
1. Click “Tools” on the menu.
2. Click “Internet Options” on the menu that is displayed.
3. A new window will be displayed. Click on the “Advanced” tab.
4. Click on the “Reset” button.
5. A new window will be displayed. Click the “Reset” button. Do not check “Delete Personal settings” – leave it blank.
6. Click the “Close” button.
7. A final window is displayed. Click the “OK” button.
8. The final step is to close Internet Explorer by clicking the red “X” in the corner to close Internet Explorer, and open it again. You should notice a difference!